How to setup toll-free number in AWS SNS instead of the default?

Viewed 218

I am using AWS cognito to signup users and create new accounts for my users on my web-app. I authorize the user's phone number by sending a one-time-password via AWS SNS. Off-late there has been a message on my SNS dashboard which reads like this : enter image description here

I am worried that cognito will stop sending one-time-passwords to users who signup on my website and because of that I might loose them. I have not done any custom setup as of now for my application. From reading through communities and aws documentation I figured I can use a toll-free number from Amazon Pinpoint instead. It fits my requirement but there is no documentation of how to plug this toll-free number into the cognito process. I have purchased a toll-free number but don't understand how to use it for sending phone verification otp. Would be great if someone could help me with this.Thanks.

1 Answers

Looking at the AWS documentation, you can use a Pre Sign-up Lambda Trigger. The pre sign-up Lambda function is triggered just before Amazon Cognito signs up a new user. It allows you to perform custom validation to accept or deny the registration request as part of the sign-up process. Because you can use a Lambda function, you can use custom logic within the Lambda function to meet your business requirements. This includes hooking into Pinpoint to achieve what you want to do. For more details:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cognito/latest/developerguide/user-pool-lambda-pre-sign-up.html

Related