Error during MySQL Installation ("Initializing database" Failure)

Viewed 1211

During the last steps of the installation of MySQL Community Server (Apply Configurations) in Windows 10, I get an error initializing the database. This is the Log :

Beginning configuration step: Initializing database (may take a long time) Attempting to run MySQL Server with --initialize-insecure option... Starting process for MySQL Server 8.0.25... Starting process with command: C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin\mysqld.exe --defaults-file="C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\my.ini" --console --initialize-insecure=on --lower-case-table-names=1... mysqld: Can't get stat of 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Wondershare\CreatorTemp' (OS errno 2 - No such file or directory) 'NO_ZERO_DATE', 'NO_ZERO_IN_DATE' and 'ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO' sql modes should be used with strict mode. They will be merged with strict mode in a future release. The designated data directory C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\Data
is unusable. You can remove all files that the server added to it. Aborting Process for mysqld, with ID 11240, was run successfully and exited with code 1. Failed to start process for MySQL Server 8.0.25. Database initialization failed. Ended configuration step: Initializing database (may take a long time)

What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks.

1 Answers

I have the same question a few months ago and then yesterday I decided to just create the directory shown in the error log similar to yours and everything works fine now.....

All I did is I opened the command prompt, change the directory by typing: cd C:\Users\Public\Documents then enter......

After then directory has changed I then typed: mkdir Wondershare\CreatorTemp and Enter.

After I click execute in mysql installation everything works fine......

Related