I am very new to Cloud Firestore and have some doubts regarding the querylistener read count. As most of the answer suggested on stack overflow that, we should attach the listener in onStart() and detach in OnStop() in the Android activity. I am building an app in which I have to attach the listener on Dashboard Activity and the user will navigate back and forth between dashboard and other activity frequently. So,
when the user navigates to another activity the listener will be detached (onStop()) and if they come back it will be attached again (onStart()). And suppose between this, nothing has changed in documents on the server, will I still be charged for all read count even though nothing has changed on the server?
Should I keep the listener attach and detach only when the user kills the app? By doing this, I will be only charged for the document which is changed while the app is in the foreground and not the all-read count if navigates between Dashboard and other activity.