RLS in Power BI not working for certain users?

Viewed 403

I have a weird issue with the Row Level Security in Power BI - for some users the RLS is working while for other it isn't.

Here is my situation:

  1. I have a workspace in Power BI Service. All users are defined as "Viewers", including the user A and user C:

  1. I have a Power BI dataset & report with 2 RLS roles:
  • "Alles": a role with no filters
  • "MA-Aus": a role with a filter that filters out the entire table "MA Auslastung":

  1. I deployed the dataset & report to Power BI service and map the users to the RLS roles. I add user A and user C into the "MA-Aus" role. This means they shouldn't see any data from the "MA Auslastung" table:

  1. I go to "Test as Role" to check if everything is working as expected:
  • I test the "MA-Aus" role. No value is shown in the "MA Sollzeit". This is correct - the table is filtered out, so the measure is blank.

  • I test the user A. No value is shown in the "MA Sollzeit". This is correct - the table is filtered out, so the measure is blank.

- I test the user C. "MA Sollzeit" returns value. The filter is not applied, RLS is not working.

What is happening here? Both users are configured correctly (viewers in the workspace, added to the role). For user A the RLS is working while for user C the filter from the role is not applied.

0 Answers
Related