How do I fix the error I get when executing pip in Spyder 5.0.3

Viewed 1801

I am getting an error when trying to run pip through Spyder 5.0.3

I have recently installed Spyder 5.0.3 on my machine from https://www.spyder-ide.org/

When I attempt to exectute "pip --version" on IPython in Spyder I get the following error message:

Note: you may need to restart the kernel to use updated packages.
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

How do I fix this so I can run pip in IPython Spyder?

1 Answers

The standalone installer for Windows available in the Spyder website doesn't have pip in it. If you want to use or install a specific package outside of the ones that are shipped with the standalone installer you will need to go with the modular approach to use Spyder (create an environment and select his python executable as the interpreter that Spyder will use).

For that you will need to:

The Spyder GitHub wiki has a page that explains the process to setup some of this elements: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/wiki/Working-with-packages-and-environments-in-Spyder#the-modular-approach

Related