I have created an application that sings along in the app with the web audio API of JavaScript. This worked perfectly on iOS safari and Chrome, but the sound quality was poor on Android Chrome. To solve this, I tried changing the audio deviceId, but it still didn't work. Does someone have information that might help?
Doubt: After recording, I pass the file to the server and play it on another page. I am wondering if this is causing the problem.
This is my code
function captureUserMedia(mediaConstraints) {
navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia(mediaConstraints).then(onMediaSuccess)["catch"]();
}
function record() {
if (getParameterByName("startSec").length !== 0) {
masterSound.currentTime = getParameterByName("startSec");
}
masterSound.play();
if (document.querySelectorAll(".record")[0].getAttribute("status") == "off") {
document.querySelectorAll(".record")[0].setAttribute("status", "on");
document.querySelectorAll(".record")[0].classList.add("stoped");
var mediaConstraints;
const devices = navigator.mediaDevices.enumerateDevices()
devices.then((value) => {
// mediaConstraints = {
// audio: {
// deviceId: {
// exact: value[0].deviceId
// }
// },
// video: false
// };
mediaConstraints = {
audio: true,
video: false,
};
captureUserMedia(mediaConstraints, onMediaSuccess);
});
} else {
document.querySelectorAll(".record")[0].setAttribute("status", "off");
document.querySelectorAll(".record")[0].classList.remove("stoped");
mediaRecorder.stream.stop();
masterSound.pause();
}
}
function onMediaSuccess(stream) {
var audio = document.createElement('audio');
audio.controls = true;
audio.files = true;
audio.muted = true;
audio.srcObject = stream;
audio.play();
var audiosContainer = document.querySelectorAll(".audio_wrapper")[0];
audiosContainer.appendChild(audio);
audiosContainer.appendChild(document.createElement('hr'));
mediaRecorder = new MediaStreamRecorder(stream);
mediaRecorder.mimeType = 'audio/wav';
mediaRecorder.stream = stream;
mediaRecorder.recorderType = MediaRecorderWrapper;
mediaRecorder.audioChannels = 1;
mediaRecorder.start();
mediaRecorder.ondataavailable = function (blob) {
audioFile = blob;
var blobURL = URL.createObjectURL(blob);
document.querySelectorAll(".append_audio")[0].setAttribute("src", blobURL);
function blobToFile(theBlob, fileName) {
theBlob.lastModifiedDate = new Date();
theBlob.name = fileName;
return theBlob;
}
submit();
function submit() {
var audioTest = new Audio(URL.createObjectURL(blob));
audioTest.play();
}
};
}