How to change the default encoding and deocding type of Moba TextEditor?

Viewed 1034

I am using MobaXterm to remote contact with my server. I instantly found the MobaTextEditor, the built-in tools of MobaXterm that I used it to rewrite my uploaded code on the server. However, the MobaTextEditor use GBK to decode and encode files leading to some errors because my code was save as the default encoding type of UTF-8. Is there any way to change the default encoding type of my MobaTextEditor? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 Answers

I asked this issue to MobaX Team and received answer. They don't have yet now. (changing charset in Moba TextEditor) They told me that this issue will be added later but do not mention exact date.

So, it could be another key to resolve your problem.

In my case, I need text files on my server to read and insert in Mysql DB. I make text files with BufferedWriter with "utf-8" and read it then insert DB. therefore I do not lost word.

if you make text file,

BufferedWriter bw = new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new FileOutputStream(file), "utf-8"));

if you read text file,

BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new FileInputStream(file), "utf-8"));

Related