MySQL Workbench Error during "Restore connections from a backup file"

Viewed 4273

I switched computers and I'm attempting to transfer my connections and server instances.

I created the backup. On the new computer I go to Tools > Configuration > Restore Connections and select my zip backup. However I get the following error...

enter image description here

I've Googled this issue and still can't figure it out, any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Answers

BACKUP work-around for this bug:

  • copy these two files: connections.xml and server_instances.xml
  • location of these files (in windows) is: C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\MySQL\Workbench (replace with your own windows username)

Source: https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=102501

I also ran into this issue while migrating between computers, which also resulted in my workbench being upgraded (6.3 on the source computer, 8.0 on the destination computer). It looks as though it may be a version compatibility issue. I uninstalled the 8.0 workbench and installed 6.3 and successfully restored the backup file. Installing the 8.0 workbench performed an upgrade and left my newly imported configuration data intact on the new computer.

You just need to gdet the same version of software where backup were created. So if you created backup on 8.0.22 and you try to resotre it on 8.0.27 you will receive the same error, but if you download 8.0.22 and will restore your backup on it, everything will work.

I solved! Version 8.30 | Windows 11 pro

    • Default installation
    • Extract files from backup and copy all the .xml files (connections, server_instances) in

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\MySQL\Workbench

    • Reinstalling again with the Repair option

all connections backup were listed on MySQL workbench

Related