Trouble importing compatibility mode workbooks

Viewed 48

I have a function that looks for open workbooks and pulls them into a master workbook. It works just fine when I'm importing a workbook created with a modern version of office, but it doesn't seem to detect workbooks that open in compatibility mode. Only the left 24 characters are constant for the workbook in question.

For a wide variety of reasons I've gone over in other posts downloading the workbook in question is not an option.

Here is the function.

Public Sub FindReport()

Debug.Print "Finding Report"
On Error GoTo Failed
Dim rName() As String
Dim wb As Workbook
Dim tWb As Workbook

rName(0) = "Case Detail"
rName(1) = "Disability_Claim_Status_"
'rName(2) = "placeholder"

For Each wb In Workbooks

'This line gives no output when I have the function try to find a workbook
'that has opened in compatibility mode
Debug.Print wb.Name
    If Left(wb.Name, 11) = rName(0) Then
        Set tWb = wb
        ImportReport tWb
        tWb.Close
        CaseFAS
        Exit For
    End If
    If Left(wb.Name, 24) = rName(1) Then
        Set tWb = wb
        ImportReport tWb
        tWb.Close
        'CaseFAS
        Exit For
    End If
    'If Left(wb.Name, 11) = rName(2) Then
    '    Set tWb = wb
    '    ImportReport tWb
    '    tWb.Close
    '    'CaseFAS
    '    Exit For
    'End If
Next wb
Failed:
End Sub

EDIT for clarification:

I had another version of this code that pulled in a specific worksheet that opens from a website, now that I need to expand it to handle another sheet I modified the declarations accordingly, and screwed up declaring the array.

1 Answers
Related