Error response from daemon: Get https://azure/v2/: dial tcp: lookup azure: no such host

Viewed 2572

I am trying to pull docker image from docker hub to azure following this docs on docker https://docs.docker.com/cloud/aci-integration/.

when I enter the command:

 docker login azure

I get the error:

Error response from daemon: Get https://azure/v2/: dial tcp: lookup azure: no such host

I am not behind any vpn or proxy. I have tried some of the solutions mentioned in other threads like adding 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.8.4 in my resolv.conf and restarting docker daemon. But those solutions did not work.

3 Answers

I am on Ubuntu 20.04 and I had the same problem. I fixed it by uninstalling the docker-compose package which ubuntu provided and using the install script as documented here. The Ubuntu package doesn't seem to have the Azure integration features built-in.

This indicates that you've missed one of the prerequisites. Most likely you are trying to run this from Docker CE rather than one of the Docker Desktop installs on Mac/Windows. Alternatively, replacing the docker binary with one from the docker-compose install should get this to work on Linux.

The possible reason is that there is a policy or multiple policies in your network that block the traffic. So you can try to use another machine to log in to Azure or check the network.

Related