I must apologise first as I'm just starting out with Pub/Sub so my understanding of the GCP feature is likely lacking.
I'm trying to adapt Google's own Python script of receiving a message from Pub/Sub within Cloud Run (https://cloud.google.com/run/docs/triggering/pubsub-push#run_pubsub_handler-python):
@app.route("/", methods=["POST"])
def index():
envelope = request.get_json()
if not envelope:
msg = "no Pub/Sub message received"
print(f"error: {msg}")
return f"Bad Request: {msg}", 400
if not isinstance(envelope, dict) or "message" not in envelope:
msg = "invalid Pub/Sub message format"
print(f"error: {msg}")
return f"Bad Request: {msg}", 400
pubsub_message = envelope["message"]
name = "World"
if isinstance(pubsub_message, dict) and "data" in pubsub_message:
name = base64.b64decode(pubsub_message["data"]).decode("utf-8").strip()
print(f"Hello {name}!")
return ("", 204)
Now the Pub/Sub Topic I'm using has an AVRO schema like:
{
"type": "record",
"name": "Avro",
"fields": [
{
"name": "ext_file_id",
"type": "string"
},
{
"name": "input_bucket",
"type": "string"
}
]
}
What I need to do within Cloud Run (my Python script) is to acquire the JSON body keys (ext_file_id and input_bucket), along with their values.
Considering I get the JSON via:
envelope = request.get_json()
Would it simply be something like:
envlope.body.ext_file_id
envelope.body.input_bucket
Or something else?
I've tried the following to no avail:
envelope["ext_file_id"]
envelope["input_bucket"]