UPDATE for why I changed my votes.
This code has the table displayed but R doesn't knit pdf.
all_jt %>%
kbl(longtable = T, booktabs = T,
caption = "table") %>%
remove_column(7) %>%
add_header_above(c(" " = 2, "Year 1" = 4, "Year 2" = 4)) %>%
kable_styling(latex_options = c("repeat_header"))
Quitting from lines 13-37 (test_table.Rmd)
Error in remove_column(., 7) :
Removing columns was not implemented for latex kables yet
switching to select(-7) as in here Remove_Column from a kable table which will be output as latex/pdf doesn't work because R doesn't like duplicated column names.
I have two ANOVA tables, jt_1 and jt_2 below, that I want to merge and keep 1 column for the model term only. As I remove the duplicated column, R added .1 to the tail of columns' 7, 8, 9 and 10 names.
library(emmeans)
library(stringr)
warp.lm <- lm(breaks ~ wool * tension, data = warpbreaks)
jt_1 <- print(joint_tests(warp.lm), export = T) %>% as.data.frame()
jt_2 <- jt_1
all_jt <- cbind(jt_1, jt_2) %>%
setNames(gsub("summary.", "", colnames(.)))
all_jt[,-6]%>% #to remove the duplicated column for model term
data.frame(check.names = F) %>%
kbl(longtable = T, booktabs = T,
caption = "table") %>%
add_header_above(c(" " = 2, "Year 1" = 4, "Year 2" = 4)) %>%
kable_styling(latex_options = c("repeat_header"))
Here is a brief idea of what I need.


