I need to have a conda environment with two versions of python (3.5.3 and 3.7.1).
Is it possible to have multiple python versions installed in a single conda environment? And if yes, how can I do so?
I need to have a conda environment with two versions of python (3.5.3 and 3.7.1).
Is it possible to have multiple python versions installed in a single conda environment? And if yes, how can I do so?
Please take time to read the Conda documentation, which covers using different Python versions.
One cannot install different Python versions in the same environment. As @Grismar commented, it is a central purpose of environments to isolate different Python installations from each other. Instead, create a separate environment for each Python version (or, better, for each project):
# v3.5.3 environment (name is arbitrary)
conda create -n python3_5_3 python=3.5.3 # also include additional packages here
# v3.7.1 env
conda create -n python3_7_1 python=3.7.1
Then activate to use the environment of choice:
conda activate python3_7_1
python
Simply trying to install both with Conda doesn't give a clear error, in my opinion:
$ conda create -n snakes python=3.5.3 python=3.7.1
Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source.
Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done
Solving environment: failed
PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:
- python[version='3.5.3.*,3.7.1.*']
However, Mamba seems to give more sensible feedback (and much faster):
$ mamba create -n snakes python=3.5.3 python=3.7.1
__ __ __ __
/ \ / \ / \ / \
/ \/ \/ \/ \
███████████████/ /██/ /██/ /██/ /████████████████████████
/ / \ / \ / \ / \ \____
/ / \_/ \_/ \_/ \ o \__,
/ _/ \_____/ `
|/
███╗ ███╗ █████╗ ███╗ ███╗██████╗ █████╗
████╗ ████║██╔══██╗████╗ ████║██╔══██╗██╔══██╗
██╔████╔██║███████║██╔████╔██║██████╔╝███████║
██║╚██╔╝██║██╔══██║██║╚██╔╝██║██╔══██╗██╔══██║
██║ ╚═╝ ██║██║ ██║██║ ╚═╝ ██║██████╔╝██║ ██║
╚═╝ ╚═╝╚═╝ ╚═╝╚═╝ ╚═╝╚═════╝ ╚═╝ ╚═╝
mamba (0.11.1) supported by @QuantStack
GitHub: https://github.com/mamba-org/mamba
Twitter: https://twitter.com/QuantStack
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Looking for: ['python=3.5.3', 'python=3.7.1']
conda-forge/osx-64 Using cache
conda-forge/noarch Using cache
pkgs/main/osx-64 Using cache
pkgs/main/noarch Using cache
pkgs/r/osx-64 Using cache
pkgs/r/noarch Using cache
Encountered problems while solving:
- cannot install both python-3.7.1-h145921a_1000 and python-3.5.3-0
I have two different versions in same environment [1]: https://i.stack.imgur.com/ZMU8k.png
I have two versions of python in one environment. when i enter python it gives me python version 3.8.0 and when i enter python3 it gives me python version 3.9.1