In a Shopware system, there's a main composer.json file. This manages the main project dependencies. In addition to this, Shopware plugins require you to add a composer.json file. If these plugins are added to the system via the main composer.json file, then the dependencies in a plugin's composer.json file will end up in the root level vendor/ folder. This I understand.
However, it appears that plugins can also be installed locally outside of the vendor folder, in either
./custom/pluginsor./custom/static-plugins
When a plugin is installed locally, how should its dependencies be managed?
Is the intent that, when installing a plugin locally you'll also add its dependencies to the main composer.json file? Or is there a way to tell shopware
Hey, install this plugin's dependencies
Also -- how do the ./custom/plugins/*/packages folders enter into this? It's my vague understanding that these are for private plugin dependencies, but I'm not sure what that means or how that code should be managed
Or am I misunderstanding the intent behind these local folders, and the expectation in Shopware 6 is that all plugins should be installed via your main composer.json file and the custom/ folders are just legacy?
Or some other thing?