Pipenv install is not adding dependencies to Pipfile.lock

Viewed 959

In the process of converting some projects which are currently managed by requirements.txt files to Pipenv. First, I make a Pipenv environment with the following:

pipenv --python 3.8

Activate the environment with:

pipenv shell

Install an editable package:

pipenv install -e [package]

The issue is that the Pipfile.lock is populated as follows:

"default": {
        "package_name": {
            "editable": true,
            "path": "./path/to/package"
        }
    },

The Pipfile.lock is meant to contain the information for all dependencies and subdependencies, such that once it is pushed to VCS, another person can replicate the environment, but this does not allow this to happen. I have tried using pipenv lock but it yields the same Pipfile.lock. All the dependencies show up on pip list and the constraints are visible in pipenv freeze. I have upgraded pip to the latest version as well.

Any suggestions on how to get the dependencies to add to the Pipfile.lock would be fantastic, thanks for your help.

0 Answers
Related