Does libcurl support RTSPS?

Viewed 304

I'm trying to talk to an RTSP server via TLS using libcurl.

When trying to send the RTSPS request to the server the curl request fails:

libcurl error: 'Protocol "rtsps" not supported or disabled in libcurl'

libcurl is built with RTSP support (enable-rtsp) and plain RTSP requests do work.

Does libcurl support RTSPS or not?

If not why not? What's the technical difference between RTSPS and HTTPS that makes this a problem?

The embedded platform I'm on is currently using version 7.72.0 of the library, but I could update if that's the problem).

I have not found any information on Google or curl.se directly about RTSPS support.

The RTSP sample only shows RTSP.

1 Answers

No, libcurl does not support RTSP over TLS as of 7.77.0.

The reason is quite simply: nobody has bothered to add support for it.

Adding support for it should be fairly straight-forward and could follow a similar pattern used by many other protocols libcurl already supports.

Related