Error: couldn't connect to server 127.0.0.1:27017, connection attempt failed: SocketException: Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:27

Viewed 1391

I want to change the default port of mongodb so I did :

sudo nano /etc/mongod.conf

# network interfaces
net:
  port: 27042
  bindIp: 127.0.0.1

and

sudo service mongod start

But now when I want to run "mongo" I got this error:

MongoDB shell version v4.0.24
connecting to: mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/?gssapiServiceName=mongodb
2021-05-18T12:44:36.436+0200 E QUERY    [js] Error: couldn't connect to server 127.0.0.1:27017, connection attempt failed: SocketException: Error connecting to 127.0.0.1:27017 :: caused by :: Connection refused :
connect@src/mongo/shell/mongo.js:356:17
@(connect):2:6
exception: connect failed

The message says " couldn't connect to server 127.0.0.1:27017" despite I changed the port in mongod.conf. I even tried to reboot my computer but it still not working.

UFW is not active si I don't think it's a firewall problem.

1 Answers

Based on your mongod.conf file, MongoDB will run on port 27042. When you run the command mongo without parameter --port, it will connect to the default port 27017 then you have the error.

I think this command mongo --port 27042 will work.

Related