I am facing an internship and they asked me to learn how to use talend ETL. I did it, not so difficult. One of the extra-tasks that have been assigned to me is to verify how much of the operations I set on the design workspace is executed in java and what is done through the use of queries. I've set up a simple Join using the TMap component and I monitored the SQLdatabase through the use of SQL Profiler. the result is that only the essential create/drop and the select/insert of the table is done via sql while every other thing like the actual join is made "Java" side. As long as it is an simple operation like join, wouldn't it be convenient to execute it through a query without having to bother java to perform it? For those who also know SAP, in terms of performance is there so much difference between Talend and SAP?