Angular web application codebase for mobile apps?

Viewed 92

I want to build a website the following way:

  • Backend: Django REST Framework
  • Frontend: Angular

I do not want to discard the idea to build mobile apps for Android and iOS in the future as well. I found out that Ionic is a possibility to use an Angular codebase easily for Android and iOS mobile apps. Now my questions:

  1. Is that correct and are there alternatives?
  2. Can I build my web application with Angular without thinking in mobile apps or do I have to write specific Angular code from the beginning such that I can use the codebase for Android and iOS mobile apps later?
1 Answers
  1. it is correct. I don't know of other alternatives
  2. you can start with no eye on the ionic specifics. later on when/if you would use mobile platform capabilities like NFC, secure storage, etc you might need to integrate ionic into a project, install, and set up specific plugins. Ionic also has a lot of handy components to make apps look like native ones and not a web app. As you can imagine, if you plan to make the app look native to both iOs and Android, using ionic components would save time in the long run.
Related