I am building a slack application that will schedule a message when someone posts a specific type of workflow in a channel.
It will schedule a message, and if someone from a specific group of users replies before it has sent, it will delete the scheduled message.
Unfortuantely these messages are still sending, even though the list of scheduled messages is empty and the response when deleting the message is a successful one. I am also deleting the message within the 60 second limit that is noted on the API.
Scheduling the message gives me a success response, and if I use the list scheduled messages I get:
[
{
id: 'MESSAGE_ID',
channel_id: 'CHANNEL_ID',
post_at: 1620428096, // 2 minutes in the future for testing
date_created: 1620428026,
text: 'thread_ts: 1620428024.001300'
}
]
Canceling the message:
async function cancelScheduledMessage(scheduled_message_id) {
const response = await slackApi.post("/chat.deleteScheduledMessage", {
channel: SLACK_CHANNEL,
scheduled_message_id
})
return response.data
}
response.data returns { "ok": true }
If I use the list scheduled message API to retrieve what is scheduled I get an empty array []
However, the message will still send to the thread.
Is there something I am missing? I have the proper scopes set up and the API calls appear to be working.
If it helps, I am using AWS Lambda, and DynamoDB to store/retrieve the thread_ts and message IDs.
Thanks all.