Connecting ZWO Camera with zwoasi

Viewed 346

I've been trying to connect a ZWO camera with zwoasi, but when I try to get the ID of the connected camera I get

 "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 
 'ASIGetNumOfConnectedCameras'". 

Does this mean the camera isn't connected properly? If so how do I assure it is connected? I also tried running an executable file using zwoasi and I got this error:

 The filename of the SDK library is required (or set 
 ZWO_ASI_LIB environment variable with the filename)
 An exception has occurred, use %tb to see the full traceback.

I'm running this on spyder 4.2.5 on a Windows 10

2 Answers

I'll do my best to answer the second question, I think that it requires you to install SDK, or maybe find SDK and import it via path, first try

pip install sdk 

conda install sdk

depending on where your terminal is located

to import using path do this:

import importlib.util
spec = importlib.util.spec_from_file_location("module.name", "/path/to/file.py")
foo = importlib.util.module_from_spec(spec)
spec.loader.exec_module(foo)
foo.MyClass()

I can't help you beyond that because I am not familiar with the library, sorry. Let me know if you need anything else

Related