I am trying to solve the following ODE using Octave, and in particular the function ode45.
dx/dt = x(1-x/2), 0<= t <= 10
with the initial condition x(0) = 0.5
But the graphs I get are not what I expect.
I think that the graph with red crosses represents x' vs x and not x vs t.
The code is the following:
clear all
close all
% Differential Equation: x' = x(1-x/2)
function dx = f(x,t)
dx = x*(1-x./2);
endfunction
% Exacte Solution: 2*e^t/(3+e^t)
function xexac =solexac(t)
xexac = (2*exp(t))./(3+exp(t));
endfunction
x0=0.5; %%Initial condition
T=10; %% maximum time T
t=[0:0.1:T]; %% we choose the times t(k) where is calculated 'y'
sol=ode45(@f,[0,T],x0); %% numerical solution of (E)
tt=sol.x;y=sol.y; %% extraction of the results
clf;hold on ; %% plot the exact and numerical solutionss
plot(tt,y,'xr')
plot(t,solexac(t),'-b')
xlabel('t')
ylabel('x(t)')
title('Chemostat Model')
legend("Numerical Solution","Exacte Solution ")
It would we great that any of you could help me with this code.
