I'm very new to this proxy stuff. I've recently installed Burp Suite HTTP Proxy (Community Version). I want to be able to intercept a request being sent from a website, modify it, and then approve it to forward it. I'm using instagram's website for example. I send a message through the Direct Message feature on the website. Now, the message isn't going to send obviously because my proxy has intercepted it and awaiting further orders on what to do with the interception. How can I simply just change what I wrote, and then forward it? If Burp isn't the right tool for this, please tell me. I'm willing to try anything to make this work. I know this question might be dumb for some of you who are experienced, but even just opening the application already has me scratchin' my head! Any help is appreciated. (This is for testing purposes).
This is what I see when I first open the application: I've already opened a browser inside Burp