I had to make a few minor changes to a class using Recaf. Part of the change included adding a new constructor with two parameters -> constructor(File, boolean) (the old class had only one constructor with a single parameter -> constructor(File) ). After making the edit to class using Recaf I exported the program (File -> Export program) and then re-imported the modified class to the jar file the class was originally part of. I assumed the class would now be updated with the new constructor.
When I type the class name in Eclipse, Content Assist indeed displays the new constructor that I added. However, when I run the program I get NoSuchMethod Exception. Moreover, when open class file via Open Deceleration I only see the original (old) constructor there. The new constructor is not there.
I'm confused. Was the class actually updated with the new constructor? If yes, why doesn't it appear when I open the class file? If not, why is it showing up in Content Assist - Autocomplete?
Assuming it was not updated, how can I force it to be updated?
I refreshed everything in Eclipse and even cleaned and rebuilt project but it didn't help.
Why isn't class being updated to the new version?
Thanks