I currently building an app with create-react-app, and ive been running into alot of errors with Babel. I currently have the following error:
./node_modules/scrambles/dist/esm/scrambles.js 500:65
Module parse failed: Unexpected token (500:65)
File was processed with these loaders:
* ./node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js
You may need an additional loader to handle the result of these loaders.
| }
|
> outsideStrategy.url.esm = new URL("./scrambles-worker.js", import.meta.url);
| outsideStrategy.getNodeAdapter.esm = getNodeAdapterESM;
| outsideStrategy.getWorkerConstructor.browser = workerConstructorBrowser;
Here is my package.json file:
{
"name": "react-timer",
"version": "0.1.0",
"private": true,
"dependencies": {
"@testing-library/jest-dom": "^5.12.0",
"@testing-library/react": "^11.2.7",
"@testing-library/user-event": "^12.8.3",
"@types/node": "^15.3.0",
"bulma": "^0.9.2",
"react": "^17.0.2",
"react-dom": "^17.0.2",
"react-icons": "^4.2.0",
"react-router-dom": "^5.2.0",
"react-scripts": "4.0.1",
"scrambles": "^0.1.13",
"typescript": "^4.2.4",
"web-vitals": "^1.1.2"
},
"scripts": {
"start": "react-scripts start",
"build": "react-scripts build",
"test": "react-scripts test",
"eject": "react-scripts eject"
},
"eslintConfig": {
"extends": [
"react-app",
"react-app/jest"
]
},
"browserslist": [
"defaults"
]
}
Im currently under the impression that there is an issue with the Babel plugin responsible for taking care of import.meta.url, however to be honest I really know next to nothing about Babel (Ive just started with JS moving from a Python background). Is this a known bug? Any suggestions are appreciated.