How can I dynamically set a site's referer in Chrome?

Viewed 1035

I'm not sure how to make this question reproducible because it requires having a Vimeo paid (or on a free trial) account.

Vimeo recently changed their UI for creators and made it harder to access one of the pages I use every day.

From https://vimeo.com/manage/videos there is a table with links to individual videos. The URL for each link is something like https://vimeo.com/55555555555555/settings.

If you click, it sends you to Page A: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/55555555555555.

Then, there's a button that sends you to the page I actually need (Page B): https://vimeo.com/manage/55555555555555/general.

The problem is that when I enter the URL for Page B directly in my browser, it redirects me back to Page A.

Strangely, the back/forward buttons navigate between pages A and B, and the refresh button also stays in Page B. But if I copy Page B's URL, open a new tab and paste it, it sends me back to Page A.

To figure out what's going on, I looked in the network tab of the Chrome Developer tools and found that the first request from Page A to page B looks like this:

enter image description here

But then, if I paste that URL in a different tab, I get a 302:

enter image description here

I've diffed both requests:

enter image description here

Is there a way to prevent the 302 behavior?

2 Answers

Unlike 301 redirects which are permanent, 302 are not. The web server displaying 302 errors should redirect the browser and take you to the new location immediately. It should be noted that HTTP 302 status code is due to the web server and not the web browser. There is no control at your end.

Related