Track attach file in browser using extension

Viewed 71

I'm currently researching for the method of tracking event that client user attachs a file in the browser.
Which means whenever user tries to upload a file to place such as: gmail, messenger, facebook, slack, etc; I can grab the info of that file and intercept if I want.

  1. What is the info of attach file?
  • Basic metadata information: File name, size, file format
  • Content of the file (if the file is human readable: text, doc)
  1. What are the intercept actions?
  • Delay for a specific amount of time: user cannot send file until this delay time is over
  • Block attach file:

Method 1: block uploading file

Method 2: block sending

  1. When will I intercept?
  • When file name or file content contains the keywords in my blacklist

Briefly, those are my aims. If you're wondering why I'm doing this, what I can only say is I want to prevent sending private files to the network through "browser" (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc)

Now, I'm quite lost in the document of developing extension and desperately asking for help.

My questions are:

  1. Could I achieve those goals using browser extension? And are there any successfully solutions or ideas that you can recommend?
  2. Could I intercept so far in popular browser, i.e: Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc? Or the solution will only works in Chrome!!!

P.S: Other solutions without browser extension will also be appreciated. (Especially in Go)

0 Answers
Related