Is it possible for Emacs to show Erlang functions arity in echo area like for Elisp functions?

Viewed 67

I've installed and configured Erlang language in my Emacs dotfiles, mostly following this guide: https://erlang-ls.github.io/editors/emacs/

But I'm just starting in Erlang and I don't really know how a Erlang development environment looks like, so I'm not sure if things "missing" aren't part of the Erlang development environment or if it's something I have configured wrong.

This is my current configuration: https://github.com/jacksonbenete/.emacs.d/blob/main/lm-emacs/languages/erlang.el

I don't have functions completions, it asks for a "tags-table" and I don't know what it is or where I can find it.

Also, I don't receive any hints in the echo-area, this would be very useful and it's my main question since I can live without completion.

Just like I can start writing a function in Lisp and receive some hints of arity and parameters in the echo area/minibuffer, can I receive the same hints while writing Erlang?

Maybe my lsp-server isn't configured correctly?

Or this is not something implemented for Erlang-mode and Erlang-ls?

Example of what I'm looking for

1 Answers

edts is the way to go with emacs, it has autocomplete and code navigation. Originally I was using distel, but after this presentation I switched to edts

I compiled it with erlang 23.0, but once it is compiled, I develop on other versions without problems, like currently I'm using erlang 24.0

For managing different erlang versions on my system, I'm using kerl

This is my personal emacs configuration, I got most of it from internet and then I did personal customizations

Other than that, I use the templates that came with the erlang mode a lot (tempo-template-erlang-*)

Related