Cypress SSO Azure without Client_secret

Viewed 265

I'm struggling to solve an issue that I got on trying to login via Single Sign On from Microsoft Azure using Cypress. It is possible to do it without using the Client_Secret? How can I do it?

I've been spending more than a week trying to solve this situation...

I'm a junior on this, so if you could help-me I would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,

1 Answers

Yes, you can. Navigate to your AD App in the portal -> Authentication -> set Allow public client flows to Yes like below.

enter image description here

Then in the blog, in step Cypress utility for mimicking react-adal, it uses the client credential flow, there is a comment post by @Bryce Kolton under the blog, he uses the ROPC flow, in this flow, you could use it without Client_Secret via a public client App as you changed above(Allow public client flows), just refer to it.

/* eslint-disable no-underscore-dangle */
import { AuthenticationContext } from ‘react-adal’;
import { azTenantId, azClientId } from ‘../../server/config/environment’;

// Need to get data points from server’s environment, not src
const adalConfig = {
tenant: azTenantId,
clientId: azClientId,
cacheLocation: ‘localStorage’,
replyUrl: ‘/’,
endpoints: {
api: ”,
},
};
const authContext = new AuthenticationContext(adalConfig);

export default async function doLogin() {
// getCachedToken also does an expiration check so we know for sure the tokens are usable
if (
!authContext.getCachedToken(adalConfig.endpoints.api)
|| !authContext.getCachedToken(adalConfig.clientId)
) {
const response = await cy.request({
method: ‘POST’,
url:
‘https://login.microsoftonline.com/mercedesme.onmicrosoft.com/oauth2/token’,
// qs: { ‘api-version’: ‘1.0’ }, // uncomment if your consuming resource expects the ‘aud’ to have a prefix of ‘sn:’
headers: {
‘cache-control’: ‘no-cache’,
‘content-type’:
‘multipart/form-data; boundary=—-WebKitFormBoundary7MA4YWxkTrZu0gW’,
},
form: true,
body: {
grant_type: ‘password’,
response_type: ‘code’,
client_id: ‘[[yourappsclientid]]’,
username: ‘[[yourtestuzseremail]]’,
password: ‘[[yourtestuserpassword]]!’,
scope: ‘openid’,
resource: ‘[[some-resource-id]]’,
},
});
// Store the token and data in the location where adal expects it
authContext._saveItem(authContext.CONSTANTS.STORAGE.IDTOKEN, response.body.access_token);
authContext._saveItem(
authContext.CONSTANTS.STORAGE.ACCESS_TOKEN_KEY + adalConfig.endpoints.api,
response.body.access_token,
);
authContext._saveItem(
authContext.CONSTANTS.STORAGE.ACCESS_TOKEN_KEY + adalConfig.clientId,
response.body.access_token,
);
authContext._saveItem(
authContext.CONSTANTS.STORAGE.EXPIRATION_KEY + adalConfig.endpoints.api,
response.body.expires_on,
);
authContext._saveItem(
authContext.CONSTANTS.STORAGE.EXPIRATION_KEY + adalConfig.clientId,
response.body.expires_on,
);
authContext._saveItem(
authContext.CONSTANTS.STORAGE.TOKEN_KEYS,
[adalConfig.clientId].join(authContext.CONSTANTS.RESOURCE_DELIMETER)
+ authContext.CONSTANTS.RESOURCE_DELIMETER,
);
}
}

To use the ROPC flow successfully, make sure your scenario meets the requirements below, e.g. your user account is not MAF-enabled.

enter image description here

Related