Visualize KPI with Trend in Quicksight

Viewed 463

I want to create a KPI Metric in Quicksight that takes the sum of "Views generated" over a custom period of time. The period is entered within parameters and passed to a filter (e.g. Parameter DateFrom: 2021-03-06; Parameter DateTo: 2021-03-10). Besides the sum I also want to show a percentage increase/decrease compared to the period before (2021-03-01 - 2021-03-05).

Example: I have a table like that:

Date Views
2021-03-01 5
2021-03-02 10
2021-03-03 15
2021-03-04 10
2021-03-05 0
2021-03-06 7
2021-03-07 13
2021-03-08 5
2021-03-09 20
2021-03-10 5

Now it should show the sum of the views of the period between 2021-03-06 and 2021-03-10 which is 50 and compare it with the period before (2021-03-01 - 2021-03-05) which is 40 and show that there was an increase of views by 20% compared with the period before. Smth like that:

enter image description here

As I'm completely new to AWS Quicksight I haven't figured out a way to achieve that. There is an insight called "period-over-period", which I think does exactly what I need, but I do not get how I can actually use the custom time period. Does anyone have an idea?

0 Answers
Related