Scala Slick incompatible with Kerberos?

Viewed 76

We have an Scala Play application, where its used both plain queries with jdbc and Slick ORM.

From 2 weeks, my team migrated all databases on Kerberos, so I was forced to update the connection settings. All good using Connection from Java for our plain queries, but encountered problems after updating connection string for Slick.

Encountered: STRING LITERAL
Expected: DEFAULT, IDENTIFIER

CAUSED BY: Exception: Syntax error
), Query: select "col1", "col2", "col3" from "tableName".
[^[[31merror^[[0m] d.d.s.ClassName- 1620996573139 - 
[Cloudera][ImpalaJDBCDriver](500051) ERROR processing query/statement. 
  Error Code: 0, SQL state: 
    TStatus(statusCode:ERROR_STATUS, sqlState:HY000, errorMessage:ParseException: 
      Syntax error in line 1: ...col", "col" from "tableName"

I copied the query generated by Slick and execute it. All columns are writen between quotation mark and the query results will contains only column names as values:

select "col1", "col2"
from "tableName"
limit 10;

results in:

col1, col2
col1, col2
col1, col2

Can be this the problem? And how I can specify to Slick to remove quotation marks from query, if is so?!

le: I forgot to specify: is a Impala Kudu database

thanks

1 Answers

enter image description here

After a minutious debug, I found that Slick throw a NonFatal error with the message: "Cannot initialize ExecutionContext; AsyncExecutor already shut down";

I can't understand why/what is that. Anyway, I rennounced at slick and wrote plain sql using jdbc to execute it.

Related