Entity Framework : join two tables and where clause

Viewed 13173

I'm having trouble working with Entity Framework and PostgreSQL, does anybody know how to join two tables and use the second table as a where clause?

The select I want to do in Entity Framework would be in SQL:

SELECT ai.id, ai.title, ai.description, ai.coverimageurl 
FROM app_information ai 
INNER JOIN app_languages al on al.id = ai.languageid
WHERE al.languagecode = 'es'

Currently I have this

appInformationToReturn = context.app_information
                                .Join(context.app_language, ai => ai.languageid, 
                                      al => al.id, (ai, al) => new AppInformation()
                                                                   {
                                                                        id = ai.id,
                                                                        title = ai.title,
                                                                        description = ai.description,
                                                                        coverimageurl = ai.coverimageurl
                                                                   })
                                .Where()
                                .FirstOrDefault();

I don't know how to build the where clause.

2 Answers

Like this:

appInformationToReturn = context.app_information
        .Join(context.app_language, ai => ai.languageid, 
              al => al.id, (ai, al) => new 
              {
                  id = ai.id,
                  title = ai.title,
                  description = ai.description,
                  coverimageurl = ai.coverimageurl,
                  lang = al.languagecode
              }).Where(x=>x.lang == "es")
                .Select(x=> new AppInformation()
                        {
                            id = x.id,
                            title = x.title,
                            description = x.description,
                            coverimageurl = x.coverimageurl
                        })
        .FirstOrDefault();

try this:

var item = (
    from ai in context.app_information
    join al in context.app_language on ai.languageid equals al.id 
    where (al.languagecode == "es")
    select new AppInformation 
    {
        id = ai.id,
        title = ai.title,
        description = ai.description,
        coverimageurl = ai.coverimageurl
    }).FirstOrDefault();

or try shorter

var item = context.app_information
    .Where(ai => ai.app_language.languagecode == "es")
    .Select(ai => new AppInformation 
    {
        id = ai.id,
        title = ai.title,
        description = ai.description,
        coverimageurl = ai.coverimageurl
    })
    .FirstOrDefault();
Related