I've been trying to look into different examples for texturing in OpenTK, however, little to no code examples use the same approach as I desire or a lot of pointless workarounds are required that do not fit my needs. I am simply trying to draw images in OpenTK without their UVs being distorted or malformed. Or rather, how do I malform them to fit the primitive (in this case quad/square) wherever its positioned at in the 2D world?
Consider this image (It's my texture I'm trying to fit inside a quad primitive):

This is the unwanted result. As you can see, it is cropped. I don't care about the wrapping because I plan on fitting the whole image inside the square (No aspect ratio needed). Different wrapping settings did nothing. The image's center is still outside the square.

The transparency and palette is my thing to worry about, I only need help fitting the whole image inside the square!
This is my code for loading textures:
public Texture(Bitmap image)
{
ID = GL.GenTexture();
GL.ActiveTexture(TextureUnit.Texture0);
GL.BindTexture(TextureTarget.Texture2D, ID);
BitmapData data = image.LockBits(new Rectangle(0, 0, image.Width, image.Height), ImageLockMode.ReadOnly, System.Drawing.Imaging.PixelFormat.Format32bppArgb);
GL.TexImage2D(TextureTarget.Texture2D, 0, PixelInternalFormat.Rgba, image.Width, image.Height, 0, OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.PixelFormat.Bgra, PixelType.UnsignedByte, data.Scan0);
GL.TexParameter(TextureTarget.Texture2D, TextureParameterName.TextureMinFilter, (int)TextureMinFilter.Linear);
GL.TexParameter(TextureTarget.Texture2D, TextureParameterName.TextureMagFilter, (int)TextureMagFilter.Linear);
GL.TexParameter(TextureTarget.Texture2D, TextureParameterName.TextureWrapS, (int)TextureWrapMode.Repeat);
GL.TexParameter(TextureTarget.Texture2D, TextureParameterName.TextureWrapT, (int)TextureWrapMode.Repeat);
GL.GenerateMipmap(GenerateMipmapTarget.Texture2D);
}
Then here's my code for loading the vertex data into the shaders and drawing the primitive:
List<float> vertex_data = {
-.25f, -.25f,
-.25f, .25f,
.25f, .25f,
.25f, -.25f
};
// Load the 2D object
GL.UseProgram(program);
GL.BindBuffer(BufferTarget.ArrayBuffer, vbo);
GL.BufferData(BufferTarget.ArrayBuffer, vertex_data.Count * sizeof(float), vertex_data.ToArray(), BufferUsageHint.DynamicDraw);
GL.EnableVertexAttribArray(attr_pos);
GL.VertexAttribPointer(attr_pos, 2, VertexAttribPointerType.Float, false, 2 * sizeof(float), 0);
GL.EnableVertexAttribArray(attr_uv);
GL.VertexAttribPointer(attr_uv, 2, VertexAttribPointerType.Float, false, 2 * sizeof(float), 0);
// ^^ Using the same position data for the UV as well.
// ...
// Drawing the 2D object
GL.UseProgram(program);
GL.BindBuffer(BufferTarget.ArrayBuffer, vbo);
GL.ActiveTexture(TextureUnit.Texture0);
GL.BindTexture(TextureTarget.Texture2D, ID);
GL.DrawArrays(PrimitiveType.Quads, 0, 4);
And the vertex and fragment shaders:
vert:
#version 330 core
layout(location = 1) in vec3 vertex_pos;
layout(location = 2) in vec2 vertex_uv;
out vec2 uv;
uniform mat4 mvp;
void main() {
gl_Position = mvp * vec4(vertex_pos, 1);
uv = vertex_uv;
}
frag:
#version 330 core
in vec2 uv;
out vec4 color;
uniform sampler2D texture0;
void main() {
color = texture(texture0, uv);
}