404 on asset retrieval: React App Deployed on Github Pages with Custom Domain

Viewed 91

I have deployed my react app (created with CRA) to github pages. I have the gh-branch, and everything works fine when deployed without the custom domain.

Then I add my custom domain, and a white page appears. The console shows this:

console output

The network tab shows this:

network tab output

It seem as if it hits the custom domain fine, and then cannot return the build items. I've searched online and can't find a solution to this specific example.

My dns setup:

dns setup

As soon as i remove the custom domain it all works fine again.

React scripts:

react scripts

Homepage definition in package.json: package.json: homepage def

CNAME file:

CNAME file

Github pages setup: enter image description here

Terminal output from the dig command:

terminal output for dig holoapes.com

What's my dns output: whatsmydns website output

Any help / tips deeply appreciated

1 Answers

I fixed this by updating my "homepage" package.json url to the custom domain.

Related