How to stop Microsoft Edge from using a cached redirect?

Viewed 1714

I made a mistake in my .htaccess file that created redirect from domain.com to domain.com/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/wp-wiki/wiki/

Obviously I got a err too many redirects when I tested it in Microsoft Edge.

I resolved the issue, and now the website works perfectly in every other browser except Microsoft Edge.

Edge is still redirecting to that annoying URL.

I've cleared the cookie and cache in Edge countless times with no success, I even restarted the whole computer. I still can't get edge to stop redirecting.

Any ideas why Edge is doing that, but no other browser is?

Thanks!

1 Answers

Thanks @mjwills

I opened (F12) and right clicked "clear browser cache" and "clear browser cookies". That worked and I am no longer being redirected.

It's weird that it did not work when I clear cache and cookies through the settings menu, but I it only worked when I right clicked in the console.

Something for others to note.

Related