I'm building an interactive function that can select inputs with a dropdown.
Everything can be selected, except for an argument whose type is a pandas.DataFrame. How can I fix it?
Code I used
from ipywidgets import interact_manual
import pandas as pd
df_1 = pd.DataFrame(data=[[0, 1], [1, 2]], columns=["aaa", "bbb"])
df_2 = pd.DataFrame(data=[[8, 9], [7, 8]], columns=["xxx", "zzz"])
def display_df(df):
return df
interact_manual(
display_df,
df=[("df_1", df_1), ("df_2", df_2)]
)
results:
BLAHBLAH
ValueError: The truth value of a DataFrame is ambiguous. Use a.empty, a.bool(), a.item(), a.any() or a.all().
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
BLAHBLAH
TraitError: Invalid selection: value not found
However, if I use the data inside only, the code works fine.
from ipywidgets import interact_manual
df_1 = [[0, 1], [1, 2]]
df_2 = [[8, 9], [7, 8]]
def display_df(df):
return df
interact_manual(
display_df,
df=[("df_1", df_1), ("df_2", df_2)]
)
versions:
python== 3.7.3
ipykernel==5.1.1
ipython==7.6.1
ipython-genutils==0.2.0
ipywidgets==7.5.0
jupyter==1.0.0
jupyter-client==5.3.1
jupyter-console==6.0.0
jupyter-core==4.5.0
jupyter-kernel-gateway==2.4.0
jupyterlab==1.2.4
jupyterlab-code-formatter==1.0.3
jupyterlab-server==1.0.0