C++Builder: "highlight brace pair" option mess text selection

Viewed 50

C++Builder: Community Edition

In Options → Editor there is Highlight brace pair tick.

I really like this feature. But it makes hell to select something. Eg I got:

msg(p, "You cannot create or extend houses near other house doors.");

If I'm trying to select this text: You cannot create or extend houses near other house doors.

It selects also quotes: "You cannot create or extend houses near other house doors."

But I don't need to select quotes! No matter how I try to select it - with mouse or keyboard - it adds to selection quotes.. If I disable "Highlight brace pair" option - it works as it should.

Please help - is there some way to have this option and normal selection?

1 Answers

Darn, I got it.

To select text without quotes you need to select it from right to left. So if you select text from left to right - it includes quotes. If from right to left - nope :)

Related