Data Studio filled map with country and postal code information

Viewed 463

I am trying to create a filled map on a postal code level with count distinct customers (i.e. fields Location = Postal Code and Color metric = Customers (Count Distinct)) for European area.

It works perfectly when I select the Location = Country (ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country codes), but when I select Location = Postal Code, as many countries have similar postal codes, it gets messy. Only some regions in the US are filled, but my actual customers are in Europe.

I have found this question and tried to replicate it by creating a new field with Country and Postal Code combined. I have tried many distinct standards:

CONCAT(Postal Code, ", ", Country) (Field type: Postal Code)
CONCAT(Postal Code, ", ", TOCOUNTRY(Country)) (Field type: Postal Code)

If I change the Layer Type to Bubbles (instead of Filled areas), it works a bit better, but I would like to have filled areas (postal code level).

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

1 Answers

It has worked for me, change the type of map. I used this. CONCAT(POSTAL, ", ", TOCOUNTRY(CNS_COUNTRY))

Related