I'm a python beginner so sorry in advance for the mistakes. I'm trying to rotate a video 180 degrees and then work with that video that I should have created.
At the moment I'm doing this:
import cv2
import numpy as np
#that's my original video - the one that I want to rotate 180 degrees
cap = cv2.VideoCapture('/Users/name/Desktop/VIDEO 12.05/PIC_P01.mp4')
frame_number = int(cap.get(cv2.CAP_PROP_FRAME_COUNT))
# Original Frames
frames = []
for i in range(frame_number):
ret, frame = cap.read()
frames.append(frame)
#here's where I try to rotate the video
new = cv2.rotate(frame, cv2.ROTATE_180)
cv2.imshow('output', new)
if cv2.waitKey(1) & 0xFF == ord('q'):
break
#here I'm trying to write the new rotated video
newvideoR = cv2.VideoWriter('PIC_P01R.mp4',0x7634706d, 50, (360, 640))
for jj in range(len(new)):
newvideoR.write(new[jj])
newvideoR.release()
cap.release()
In the end, however, when I go to read the file I find only an empty file that I cannot open. From this, I deduce that there is an error in the steps that I have made. Would anyone have any advice on how am I suppose to do this?
** I've also tried to change the parameter on cv2.Videowriter (for example fps, size) but is still not working