I am trying to get a solution for a stiff ODE problem where at each integration step, i have to modify the solution vector before continuing on the integration.
For that, i am using scipy.integrate.ode, with the integrator VODE, in bdf mode.
Here is a simplified version of the code i am using. The function is much more complex than that and involve the use of CANTERA.
from scipy.integrate import ode
import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
def yprime(t,y):
return y
vode = ode(yprime)
vode.set_integrator('vode', method='bdf', with_jacobian=True)
y0 = np.array([1.0])
vode.set_initial_value(y0, 0.0)
y_list = np.array([])
t_list = np.array([])
while vode.t<5.0 and vode.successful:
vode.integrate(vode.t+1e-3,step=True)
y_list = np.append(y_list,vode.y)
t_list = np.append(t_list,vode.t)
plt.plot(t_list,y_list)
So far so good.
Now, the problem is that within each step, I would like to modify y after it has been integrated by VODE. Naturally, i want VODE to keep on integrating with the modified solution. This is what i have tried so far :
while vode.t<5.0 and vode.successful:
vode.integrate(vode.t+1e-3,step=True)
vode.y[0] += 1 # Will change the solution until vode.integrate is called again
vode._y[0] += 1 # Same here.
I also have tried looking at vode._integrator, but it seems that everything is kept inside the fortran instance of the solver.
For quick reference, here is the source code of scipy.integrate.ode, and here is the pyf interface scipy is using for VODE.
Has anyone tried something similar ? I could also change the solver and / or the wrapper i am using, but i would like to keep on using python for that.
Thank you very much !


