I've an image binary classification problem which i want to classify weather an image is of an ant or bee. I've scraped the images and i did all the cleaning, reshaping, converting to grayscale. The images are of size 200x200 one channel grayscale. I first wanted to solve this problem using Feed Forwad NN before i jump to Conv Nets..
My problem during the training loop I am getting a constant loss I am using Adam Optimizer, F.log_softmax for the last layer in the network as well as the nll_loss function. My code so far looks as follows:
FF - Network
class Net(nn.Module):
def __init__(self):
super().__init__()
self.fc1 = nn.Linear(in_features , 64)
self.fc2 = nn.Linear(64, 64)
self.fc3 = nn.Linear(64, 32)
self.fc4 = nn.Linear(32, 2)
def forward(self, X):
X = F.relu(self.fc1(X))
X = F.relu(self.fc2(X))
X = F.relu(self.fc3(X))
X = F.log_softmax(self.fc4(X), dim=1)
return X
net = Net()
Training loop.
optimizer = torch.optim.Adam(net.parameters(), lr=0.001)
EPOCHS = 10
BATCH_SIZE = 5
for epoch in range(EPOCHS):
print(f'Epochs: {epoch+1}/{EPOCHS}')
for i in range(0, len(y_train), BATCH_SIZE):
X_batch = X_train[i: i+BATCH_SIZE].view(-1,200 * 200)
y_batch = y_train[i: i+BATCH_SIZE].type(torch.LongTensor)
net.zero_grad() ## or you can say optimizer.zero_grad()
outputs = net(X_batch)
loss = F.nll_loss(outputs, y_batch)
loss.backward()
optimizer.step()
print("Loss", loss)
I am suspecting that the problem maybe with my batching and the loss function. I will appreciate any help. Note: The images are gray-scale images of shape
(200, 200).