I have some queries from an API-Server that returns a json object that will be static over a user session, but not static forever. It's a one-pager with Vue router.
How can I achieve that I: can access this.myGlobals (or similar eg window.myGlobals) in all components, where my prefetched json-data from API-Server is stored.
My approach that is already working is to embed help.js via a mixin.
Oddly enough, I get hundreds of calls to this query. At first I thought that it only happened in the frontend and is chached, but the requests are actually sent hundreds of times to the server. I think it is a mistake of my thinking, or a systematic mistake.
i think the problem is, that the helper.js is not static living on the vue instance
main.js:
import helpers from './helpers'
Vue.mixin(helpers)
helpers.js:
export default {
data: function () {
return {
globals: {},
}
}, methods: {
//some global helper funktions
},
}, mounted() {
let url1 = window.datahost + "/myDataToStore"
this.$http.get(url1).then(response => {
console.log("call")
this.globals.myData = response.data
});
}
}
log in console:
call
SomeOtherStuff
(31) call
SomeOtherStuff
(2) call
....
log on server:
call
call
call (pew pew)
My next idea would be to learn vuex, but since its a easy problem, im not sure if i really need that bomb ?