I am starting to learn the math module in Python and I am trying to wrap my head around the trigonometry functions of sine, cosine, and tangent in Python.
I spent some time learning more about trigonometry and understand how the basic formulas work for right angled triangles:
Sine Function:
sin(θ) equals Opposite / Hypotenuse
Cosine Function:
cos(θ) equals Adjacent / Hypotenuse
Tangent Function:
tan(θ) equals Opposite / Adjacent
But I am not clear on how this applies in Python when it only accepts one value. I read that the value must be a radian.
So if x = 1 radian and math.sin(x)
Output equals 0.8414709848078965
So the sine of 1 radian is 0.8414709848078965
So my question is what did the sine function actually do to a radian of 1?
I am hoping the answer will also help me understand what is happening if I did cosine and tangent to radian 1.