I am trying to make a form that can contact me via email with PHP. I am new to PHP so after watching a couple of videos I am making with PHPMailer. After I downloaded the zip file from GitHub and installing composer and these things, the code shows some errors. When I declare "use\PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer," it says Unexpected, 'Unknown'.
My code is this
<?PHP
//Import PHPMailer classes into the global namespace
//These must be at the top of your script, not inside a function
use PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer;
use PHPMailer\PHPMailer\SMTP;
use PHPMailer\PHPMailer\Exception;
//Load Composer's autoloader
require 'vendor/autoload.php';
//Instantiation and passing `true` enables exceptions
$mail = new PHPMailer(true);
try {
//Server settings
$mail->SMTPDebug = SMTP::DEBUG_SERVER; //Enable verbose debug output
$mail->isSMTP(); //Send using SMTP
$mail->Host = 'smtp.example.com'; //Set the SMTP server to send through
$mail->SMTPAuth = true; //Enable SMTP authentication
$mail->Username = 'user@example.com'; //SMTP username
$mail->Password = 'secret'; //SMTP password
$mail->SMTPSecure = PHPMailer::ENCRYPTION_STARTTLS; //Enable TLS encryption; `PHPMailer::ENCRYPTION_SMTPS` encouraged
$mail->Port = 587; //TCP port to connect to, use 465 for `PHPMailer::ENCRYPTION_SMTPS` above
//Recipients
$mail->setFrom('from@example.com', 'Mailer');
$mail->addAddress('joe@example.net', 'Joe User'); //Add a recipient
$mail->addAddress('ellen@example.com'); //Name is optional
$mail->addReplyTo('info@example.com', 'Information');
$mail->addCC('cc@example.com');
$mail->addBCC('bcc@example.com');
//Attachments
$mail->addAttachment('/var/tmp/file.tar.gz'); //Add attachments
$mail->addAttachment('/tmp/image.jpg', 'new.jpg'); //Optional name
//Content
$mail->isHTML(true); //Set email format to HTML
$mail->Subject = 'Here is the subject';
$mail->Body = 'This is the HTML message body <b>in bold!</b>';
$mail->AltBody = 'This is the body in plain text for non-HTML mail clients';
$mail->send();
echo 'Message has been sent';
} catch (Exception $e) {
echo "Message could not be sent. Mailer Error: {$mail->ErrorInfo}";
}
?>
The code is from the GitHub page I just copied and pasted it to test it. I edited the JSON file and all of them but it doesn't work. Appreciate the help from everyone. Thank you