CoreData • How to perform Lightweight-Migration when using NSPersistentCloudKitContainer?

Viewed 162

I am developing an App using CoreData & CloudKit (NSPersistentCloudKitContainer).


I am working on an App Update which includes an Update to the CoreData Model. I have created a new Model Version and applied the Changes (including new Properties & Relationships as well as Renaming of Entities & Properties). For Renaming I set the Renaming ID to the old Entity- / Property-Name. These Changes should be supported by Lightweight-Migration.


Questions

  • Is there anything else I have to consider when updating a CoreData Model or did I cover all?
  • What about the CloudKit Synchronization? How does CloudKit handle the CoreData Model Update?
  • I read about adding this Method (initializeCloudKitSchemaWithOptions) during Development and removing it when deploying to Production. What does this Method do?

Thanks a lot for your help in Advance. This is quiet a huge Update and the App does have an existing Userbase, so Migration-Problems are no Option;)

0 Answers
Related