dataset = tf.data.Dataset.range(1, 6)
def aug(y):
x = np.random.uniform(0,1)
if x > 0.5:
y = 100
return y
dataset = dataset.map(aug)
print(list(dataset))
Run this code, then all the elements in the dataset are as they were, or all equal to 100. How do I make it so each element is individually transformed? My more specific question below is basically asking this
I create my segmentation training set by:
dataset = tf.data.Dataset.from_tensor_slices((image_paths, mask_paths))
I then apply my augmentation function to the dataset:
def augment(image_path, mask_path)):
//use tf.io.read_file and tf.io.decode_jpeg to convert paths to tensors
x = np.random.choice([0,1])
if x == 1:
image = tf.image.flip_up_down(image)
mask = tf.image.flip_up_down(mask)
return image, mask
training_dataset = dataset.map(augment)
BATCH_SIZE=2
training_dataset = training_dataset.shuffle(100, reshuffle_each_iteration=True)
training_dataset = training_dataset.batch(BATCH_SIZE)
training_dataset = training_dataset.repeat()
training_dataset = training_dataset.prefetch(-1)
However when I visualise my training dataset, all the images have same flip applied- the are all either flipped upside down or not flipped. Where as I'm expecting them to have different flips- some upside down and some not.
Why is this happening?