Why cant I get the lastest version of postcss

Viewed 551

I'm using vue-cli which has the dependency of postcss.

When I run npm audit I get warnings that postcss has vulnerabilities and I have to upgrade to some newer version. How do I do this?

I tried npm update, npm update -D, npm update -D --depth=99. But it doesn't work.

I also tried to remove vue-cli, which completely removes everything from postcss (I checked it). But then when I install vue-cli again, the old version of postcss gets installed again.

I also checked what version of postcss is required by vue-cli, and it only has requirements that say higher than version ^7.0.3 or something. But it should by default install the latest version right?

I don't understand why npm is installing an old version and I also don't know how I can update it to the latest version.

This is the warning that I get.

┌───────────────┬─────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Moderate................. │ Regular Expression Denial of Service                 
├───────────────┼─────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│ Package.................... │ postcss                                              
├───────────────┼─────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│ Patched in................ │ >=8.2.10                                             
├───────────────┼─────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│ Dependency of....... │ @vue/cli-service                                     
├───────────────┼─────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│ Path.......................... │ @vue/cli-service > postcss-loader > postcss  
├───────────────┼─────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
│ More info................. │ https://npmjs.com/advisories/1693                    
└───────────────┴─────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
1 Answers
Related