wget ERROR: cannot verify localhost's certificate, ..Self-signed certificate encountered

Viewed 697

How Can I implement a secure https connection on ngnix

I want to implement https on my localhost.I am running http server nginx on ubuntu 20.04

What I did was i issued the command

sudo openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 3650 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /etc/ssl/private/localhost.key -out /etc/ssl/certs/localhost.crt -config /tmp/openssl

Then I configured nginx to use ssl as

    listen 443 ssl default_server;
    listen [::]:443 ssl default_server;
    ssl_certificate /etc/ssl/certs/localhost.crt;
    ssl_certificate_key /etc/ssl/private/localhost.key;

And Refreshed and reloaded nginix ...ok fine . .Every thing went fine

But when i tried to connect to https://localhost

I got as

enter image description here

Then I clicked Advance and proceeded ..Then I got a MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT Error in Firefox

The picture is

enter image description here

Then i could view the page but connection seems to be insecure ...

enter image description here

How can i obtain a secure connection

I tried wget

The result is

  --2021-05-11 05:21:37--  https://localhost/
      Resolving localhost (localhost)... 127.0.0.1
      Connecting to localhost (localhost)|127.0.0.1|:443... connected.
     ERROR: cannot verify localhost's certificate, issued by ‘CN=localhost,OU=Development,O=Localhost                                CA,L=Rochester,ST=New York,C=US’:
      Self-signed certificate encountered.
         To connect to localhost insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

I tried with postman still getting a signing key error...

enter image description here

How can i get rid of this signing key intermediate certificate error..

I refered the tutorial here ... The operating System I am using is ubuntu 20.04 and the server i am trying to implement it is nginx

How can i make a trusted https localhost connection..any Help will be appreciated

0 Answers
Related