I am trying to specify the float precision for a column definition in Peewee and cannot find how to do this in the official docs or in the github issues.
My example model is below:
DB = peewee.MySQLDatabase(
"example",
host="localhost",
port=3306,
user="root",
password="whatever"
)
class TestModel(peewee.Model):
class Meta:
database = DB
value = peewee.FloatField()
The above creates the following table spec in the database:
SHOW COLUMNS FROM testmodel;
/*
+-------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| value | float | NO | | NULL | |
+-------+---------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
*/
What I would like is to specify the M and D parameters that the FLOAT field accepts so that the column is created with the precision parameters I need. I can accomplish this in SQL after the table is created using the below:
ALTER TABLE testmodel MODIFY COLUMN value FLOAT(20, 6); -- 20 and 6 are example parameters
Which gives this table spec:
SHOW COLUMNS FROM testmodel;
/*
+-------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field | Type | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| value | float(20,6) | YES | | NULL | |
+-------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
*/
But I'd like it be done at table creation time within the peewee structure itself, rather than needing to run a separate "alter table" query after the peewee.Database.create_tables() method is run. If there is no way to do this in the peewee.FloatField itself then I'd also accept any other solution so long as it ensures the create_tables() call will create the columns with the specified precision.