I'm new to using .NET and EF Core. I cannot count the like table associated with the post table.
What I want to do is show the total number of likes on the post.
PostManager:
var posts = await _unitOfWork.Posts
.GetAllAsync(p => p.UserId == userId &&
p.IsActive == true,
l => l.Likes.Count());
EfBaseRepository:
public async Task<IList<TEntity>> GetAllAsync(Expression<Func<TEntity, bool>> predicate = null, params Expression<Func<TEntity, object>>[] includeProperties)
{
IQueryable<TEntity> query = _context.Set<TEntity>();
if (predicate != null)
{
query = query.Where(predicate);
}
if (includeProperties.Any())
{
foreach (var includeProperty in includeProperties)
{
query = query.Include(includeProperty);
}
}
return await query.ToListAsync();
}
Error:
System.InvalidOperationException: The expression 'Convert(l.Likes.AsQueryable().Count(), Object)' is invalid inside an 'Include' operation, since it does not represent a property access: 't => t.MyProperty'. To target navigations declared on derived types, use casting ('t => ((Derived)t).MyProperty') or the 'as' operator ('t => (t as Derived).MyProperty'). Collection navigation access can be filtered by composing Where, OrderBy(Descending), ThenBy(Descending), Skip or Take operations. For more information on including related data, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=746393.